It was that special time of the year when you can whip out those stretchy pants and stuff your face. Since moving downstate, closer to both our families, we made it a Thanksgiving tradition to involve as many family members as possible. Within 24hrs, we managed to eat Thanksgiving three times. It was not a healthy food day at all.
So from Thursday to Friday, we socialized our pants off. It was wonderful. It was the first time we saw most of our family and friends since the engagement, so I got a lot of wedding questions. I think all that wedding talk caused what happened next.
My mom came over on Saturday and that is when it happened. We went to a local boutique and I found it. Now, I had no intention on buying anything. I assumed the fact I was on a budget would prevent me from finding anything. I just wanted to have a girly day. It really was as innocent as that.
Well, go figure. The first dress I tried on, bam. I fell hard. I didn't want to take it off. Half of me was completely in love, but the realistic side of me was freaking out. I wasn’t ready to commit to the first dress. I mean, who does that? I continued trying on a few more dresses, but still was head over heals. I spent the rest of the appointment trying to rationalize buying it.
It was a sample of a discontinued dress, which meant, this might be my only chance to get it. I also couldn’t ignore the fact it fit me like a glove. The only adjustments needed were to hem and bustle the skirt. As I said in the dressing room, with the blood rushing from my face, “It is fate!”
I decided to put the dress on one more time before we left. I was done. Once the lady put on the veil, I felt that swelling of emotion. My mom and I are not sappy people, so I didn’t expect any tears, but this was as close as it would get. Luckily I had the money, but was worried about one thing. Kyle.
He was the first person that brought an awareness of my compulsive shopping habits. If I see it is a deal, I get it! This dress was a deal. So, we called Kyle for his permission. After hearing my plea, he gave in. I love that guy.
So, in my room it sits. I have gone in several times to visit the dress. I do want to lose some weight before the wedding, so I may have to get it fitted, but I don’t mind. I still think it is perfect for me. I can’t wait to wear that bad boy!
So from Thursday to Friday, we socialized our pants off. It was wonderful. It was the first time we saw most of our family and friends since the engagement, so I got a lot of wedding questions. I think all that wedding talk caused what happened next.
My mom came over on Saturday and that is when it happened. We went to a local boutique and I found it. Now, I had no intention on buying anything. I assumed the fact I was on a budget would prevent me from finding anything. I just wanted to have a girly day. It really was as innocent as that.
Well, go figure. The first dress I tried on, bam. I fell hard. I didn't want to take it off. Half of me was completely in love, but the realistic side of me was freaking out. I wasn’t ready to commit to the first dress. I mean, who does that? I continued trying on a few more dresses, but still was head over heals. I spent the rest of the appointment trying to rationalize buying it.
It was a sample of a discontinued dress, which meant, this might be my only chance to get it. I also couldn’t ignore the fact it fit me like a glove. The only adjustments needed were to hem and bustle the skirt. As I said in the dressing room, with the blood rushing from my face, “It is fate!”
I decided to put the dress on one more time before we left. I was done. Once the lady put on the veil, I felt that swelling of emotion. My mom and I are not sappy people, so I didn’t expect any tears, but this was as close as it would get. Luckily I had the money, but was worried about one thing. Kyle.
He was the first person that brought an awareness of my compulsive shopping habits. If I see it is a deal, I get it! This dress was a deal. So, we called Kyle for his permission. After hearing my plea, he gave in. I love that guy.
So, in my room it sits. I have gone in several times to visit the dress. I do want to lose some weight before the wedding, so I may have to get it fitted, but I don’t mind. I still think it is perfect for me. I can’t wait to wear that bad boy!
*not me btw.*

No comments:
Post a Comment