So during our trip, besides a date change, we came upon the issue of a bridal party. I was hoping for a small wedding. A guest list of less than fifty, no bride/groom party, a beachside location and no reception: something small, simple and sweet. Yeah, it is at Disney, but simple.
I thought that is what Kyle wanted to, but as the discussion continued, I learned quite the opposite. His guest list was twice the size of mine, he insisted we would marry at the wedding pavilion and we would have a wedding party and the idea of no reception was ridiculous. I believe his exact words is, “Those ideas are stupid.”
I was hesitant. I wanted what I thought I wanted. I also liked my small wedding idea because it wasn’t as costly as his ideas. I knew the one thing for sure he wouldn’t budge on was the wedding party. That idea I knew I would have to give up on. He had a four sure group of five. Coming up with five females for my side was difficult. I am still debating, but I think I have it. Ever see the movie, “I love you man!” I totally relate to Paul Rudd. If only I knew Lou Ferrigno.
Anywho, I was bummed I had to give in and lose my idea of the perfect wedding. That was until I fell upon this amazing blog. http://budgetdisneywedding.blogspot.com/
I love Carly's writing style, her personality and the story of her wedding. I felt like I was reading something I could have felt, thought, done and it was amazing. I read it from beginning to end. Her photos and locations had shown me, I want more than a small wedding. I also saw the benefits of having a wedding party. It was amazing how reading someone else’s experience could make me see, Kyle isn’t that crazy. Although, his ideas are still expensive, they aren’t crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment