It looks like almost every idea I had about my ideal wedding day is just not working out at all. If it isn’t Kyle saying it is silly, it is Disney! The new idea that isn’t going to work out would be the event layout.
My idea was to do an early morning wedding and a nice lunch reception. We would then follow up with a night at Mannequins for the partiers in our groups.
When we went in January 08, we fell in love with Mannequins. It had a rotating dance floor, mirror covered walls and CO2 that would cool down the crowds. Not to mention, good music. I think that was the most fun we had during the whole trip. That was the first time I seen Kyle bust a groove out on a dance floor! It took a trip to this place for him to see he had mad dancing skills.
Another reason we wanted to do the evening club visit was our hesitation on having an open bar during our reception. I felt this would be a way to appease the party folks. I believe if we had an open bar at the reception, it would be twice the price of the actual wedding! Plus, I wouldn’t want them bombed in the afternoon. I could see Kyle’s straight lace family members frowning on that.
Well…the point of this whole story, Mannequins has been closed. Infact, Disney closed down all the clubs!
Now, to figure out what to do. You can’t exactly do an afternoon reception that is set like a dance club. You can’t really do an open bar during a lunch reception either. That spells disaster. I have some serious thinking to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment