Well after a weekend in the U.P. for a wedding, we have a new wedding date.
9-10-2011.
We received numerous words of advice from many married folk there that seemed to resonate the same thing, “don’t do a long engagement.” Sure, two years is still a long engagement, but it seems so close now. It is wonderful! It provides plenty of time to save, but also shortens the wait. We can actually go and see venues in Feb-April and in less than 11 months, I can place a deposit! Here is hoping we have that deposit money.
I am so glad I didn’t have to bring it up. Changing to a closer date was all Kyle. I also got a taste of groomzilla during our 8 hour car ride back home. That date helps with his idea of a weekend wedding. It seems we got most of our main ideas ironed out as well, most his ideas, but I am willing to compromise on some of it.
That is a post for another day. I am pooped after that long ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment