I was assisting a grad student in the clinic today. Her fiance was visiting for the week, all the way from NY, and came into the clinic to see her work. I was talking with them and asked about their wedding date. They laughed, said summer of 2011 and then said, “We know, it’s a long wait.” I then raised my hand and said, “fall 2012″. They both looked at me and said, “Wow. We never met someone that had us beat before!”
You know, I am a bit torn on how I feel about the wait. I like how I get plenty of time to plan. I also like how I get all this time to enjoy being engaged. It is amazing how much of a conversation starter this thing is!
On the other hand, it does bug me how long of a wait it is. I think it is because I am an impatient person. I hate waiting for anything. I think that is why I love to ruin surprises too.
My other difficulty is, I have no idea when it is okay to start doing things, like buying a dress. It seems like most people do these things about a year to go.
I have seen and heard horror stories about people that planned this early out. Plans change and the dress is the biggest issue. I have heard so many stories about people buying one dress and then changing their mind at some point. I am afraid the same will happen to me if I purchase anything too early. But I don’t want to wait!!!
And this is my dilemma. When is it okay to start making decisions and purchases?

No comments:
Post a Comment