Jan 23, 2010

Bridal Shows

Tomorrow, there is a bridal show in town. It is right next door to the dental school. The very same dental school that has been Kyle's second home and my place of employment. Close to home and I knew where it was! Interested in going, I tried to wrangle up people to come with, but had zero luck. Kyle was sweet enough to say he would go. However, I think I changed my mind.

I tried to reserve the tickets this morning (7 bucks a pop btw), and wasn't having much luck. It was quite discouraging. Then I looked into the vendors and realized this wouldn't be useful to us. Infact, getting free stuff is the only plus side.

After thinking about it, it looks like a way to trick unsuspecting brides to show up, give their contact information for free stuff, and then bombarde them later with phone calls and emails filled with junk. I am not up for that frustration. I am not even having an Ann Arbor ceremony and am already getting phone calls and emails from a few places here in town! I think it was David's Bridal.

It would have been nice to enjoy a 'wedding day' and get free stuff, but the venue isn't exactly big, the price doesn't match the venue and the venders list sounds like spam waiting to happen. So instead, I think I will go ice skating.

I am happy with the change in plans, but I am still wondering, are all bridal shows like that? A trick? And will all bridal shows be useless to me since I am having a Disney wedding? I think Disney needs to have a traveling bridal show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment