I was off reading blogs by other Disney Brides and someone mentioned that their 2011 wedding is just next year. That is when I realized, technically, I am getting married next year! Holy crap!
*knock on wood* I just wouldn't want to jinx anything. There is plenty of time for something to happen, like another date change or us not saving what we need.
Lately money has been tight. Our trip to California just hurt. I wasn't working for 2 weeks. That is a huge chunk of change, not to mention I went souvenir crazy! I haven't managed to change my spending habits to compensate, so until I can get out of the red, the next two months of bills will be rough.
Our goal wedding cost is 20,000. It isn't much by other Disney wedding standards, but it will provide us with just enough of what we want without causing debt (or so I thought). We agreed not only on the amount, but that each of us are in charge of saving 10,000. So far, I have saved 50 dollars. Yikes! Let's not even start with the fact we are planning a trip in May to look at locations and again next year for the planning session. *sigh*
I really need to stay focused on saving money. Memories aren't cheap you know! Just kidding, but these totally aren't. A wedding is expensive and I need to stop spending money on pretty things, fun things and yummy things. Only the necessities. How do I buckle down?
This will be a goal I need to really stick to. Restructure my budget and be diligent!
Jan 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment