Jan 18, 2010

The Fairytale and disboards?

I just realized I never posted about my first encounter with Disney FairyTale Weddings. Let me start with disboards.com.

Since the engagement, I have been researching my butt off about how to do a Disney Wedding. I figured there are plenty of deadlines, red tape, decisions, blah blah blah. So the first hurdle, was to wait 18 months out before Disney Fairytale Weddings (also known as DFTW). That was what I found on numerous sites and in my handy dandy Passporters book.

Well, after going on disboards, I began to see dozens of women contacting DFTW before the 18 months. I thought maybe there was some loop hole I didn't know about. I was wrong. Once DFTW found out it was 20 months out, I was told there wasn't much they could do. I am still perplexed how some disbrides started so early. It was a discouraging experience, but on the bright side, I did get some great planning information from it. One of those being the timeline.

On this timeline, my guests get a save the date 8 months out and it is recommended I send an invitation with more information 4 months out. I am not sure how well that will work out, since I already have guests asking how much they need to save, let alone specifics about lodging and timelines. I have no idea how people take less than a year to do all of this. There is just way too much to consider and too many people to inform.

Another thing I realized after reading this timeline, you have to make more than just one trip out there because of the time restrictions. They say you can plan from home, but I haven't seen the venues and I can't guess how the food will taste. Between saving for the wedding and trying to find a time that fits the timeline restrictions and our unforgiving schedules, I may want to rip my hair out.

So that is where I am right now in regards to DFTW. A bit frustrated and confused. I am sure once the 18th month approaches, I will feel differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment