Jan 17, 2010

Blogging and our dance

Because of the wedding, I have been really focusing on getting into shape. Also, because of the wedding, I am trying to have a healthy norm of focusing on myself and on this wedding. It is hard not to become completely engulfed in the awesomeness that is a Disney wedding.

I originally had all my blogs under wordpress, but found it difficult to get the look I wanted. That is when I moved my wedding blog to blogger. I was unable to get the blog name(s) I wanted under blogger, so I decided to keep wordpress for my personal goals site. I love to make things complicated like that.

So, this entry is just letting those that visit here, I have another blog. The link is off to the right of the page. I am getting into shape for the wedding, accomplishing some life goals and feeling good. I am also working on this site, so don't mind the mess or lack thereof.

Now onto our most recent decision. The dance.

During our run this morning, I mentioned to Kyle about dancing. We never spoke about whether we would do dancing. This includes the mother/son, father/daughter and bride/groom dances. His response was it was up to me, since my dad might not enjoy it. I told him that this is revenge for everything embarrassing that man has done to me during my lifetime. Revenge I say!

I think the fact I will let my dad pick the song will make things equally interesting. Perhaps Sweet November Rain by Guns N Roses? Yeah, it will be interesting I am sure. Plus, I am sure his mom will love having her dance with him. For the most part, everyone will be happy. As for our dance, that was the real question.

Do we do a simple, yet elegant, dance? If we did, I want a jazz band version of "When you wish upon a star". It played during our engagement dinner. I love that song.

Now, slow dances aren't really our thing, so I thought perhaps a swing dance was in order. Just something livelier. He agreed that both sounds great, but didn't know which.

You know, the man can be a stickler for things like location, wedding party and even my dress, but things like this...no. I can say for certainty, he will always keep me guessing.

So there you go. The dance. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment