I called the folks who run the show and asked for removal of my information yesterday. I am not getting married in Michigan, so it is pointless for vendors to contact me. They understood and I provided my info. The lady I spoke to absolutely raved about my email name. I created one for wedding stuff, named after my blogger site. I explained, the mouse in engagedmouseinthehouse is because I am actually getting married at Disney World. She flipped.
I hope the removal works, because today I recieved another phone call. It was a wedding planner who seemed very unsure of herself. Or at least that is what I got from my voicemail message. This is why I'm glad to work with Disney. You get your own planner and don't have to worry too much about a caterer. Those are two big decisions made already!
Entertainment wise, I think I will be doing the iPod thing. My brother is a tech wiz and between him and I, we have a music collection that beats the pants off of any DJ! If we run into any problems, we have a TON of guests that are A/V people. We will be more than covered. Seriously.
At this point, the big things to consider are:
- Photographers
- I love the Roots, but I am afraid they will be out of our price range.
- Videographer
- I think I am steering towards asking a guest to video tape it. Like I said, I have a TON of media folks attending. We would offer to pay and it will save us some major cash. Plus, I’d get to edit! I just need to see what Kyle thinks of that idea.
- Makeup and hair stylist
- This is an expenditure I could go without, but it would be nice to feel pampered and have someone take care of my party as well.
- Officiant
Everything just seems sort of complicated going this route, but it would allow us to get a Michigan marriage license instead of Florida. Doing that would save us the bother of going to the courthouse while there and would be a WHOLE lot cheaper. I just don't know. I need to find a bride who has done this, so I know it is possible. Either way, I have time to figure it out. Just need to research. Research, research, research!

No comments:
Post a Comment