The last few years, we didn't do much for our anniversary, so we decided to plan a trip for our seventh anniversary. I told Kyle he should plan it, since I plan every trip. I didn't think he was taking it seriously. Every time I would ask how the planning was going, he would just say ok. I even planned on working a full day the friday before we were to leave, because I thought he was going to pick a place within a few hours away and we were going to wing it.Once he found out, he was ticked and demanded I find a way to leave by 11am. I asked why and he was hesitant. Being persistant and loves to ruin surprises, I didn't give in until he admitted we had a flight. I asked where and he told me, the Wisconsin Dells.
Okay, nothing wrong with the Wisconsin Dells, but it doesn't scream romance. I was crushed. I sulked all night. He couldn't take it any longer, handed me a piece of paper and told me to read it. He booked us a trip to Disney World! I was asking questions left and right, but he said I was lucky to get that much information out of him. So the next day, we flew out.
Surprise 1-
Once we landed, I made my way to the Magical Express busses, but was diverted when he pointed out a driver with my name written on the sign. He booked us a driver and he had an escalade. I felt fancy.
Surprise 2-
Expecting to stay at Pop Century, I was shocked when we drove right passed it. Infact, we passed alot of the resorts. I was clueless. Then, from the distance appeared....The Contemporary!I always wanted to stay there, but it was always way too expensive. He really was spoiling me. It was at this point, I told him do not tell me how much this trip cost. It was for the best I didn't know. Not only were we staying at one of the finest Disney resorts available, but he got us a park view room. It was amazing! You really need to see it in person to appreciate it. Here are some pictures.
Surprise 3- Right after we unpacked, he quickly escorted me to Magic Kingdom were we had tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! It was so much fun! This is why I am dead set on including information for this party for my guests to come and we can all go candy hunting!

Surprise 4-
After we were all done with candy hunting, he surprised me with dinner at our favorite restaurant, California Grill. On our way out of the park, we were trapped by the parade and couldn't make it to the dinner on time. Because we were late, they didn't have a table for us yet, so we went upstairs and watched the fireworks from our balcony. It was so romantic. When the show was over, we went upstairs and began eating. Dinner was fantastic! We always pick something unique there, so we decided to give Ostrich a try. It is surprisingly yummy! After feasting, I was plum tuckered and slept well.
The next day, we went to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We had lunch reservations at Kyle's favorite place, Yak and Yeti. Sadly it was raining off and on that day and by the time we got to Y&Y, my shoes were soaked and I was freazing. Point being, I was grumpy. Kyle took it as a hint I needed a nap. So, we went back, napped and headed to Magic Kingdom for a quick round on Buzz Lightyear. We love laser games.
This next surprise will be from Kyle's perspective. (Jessica is me btw. J.R. is my nickname)
Surprise Infinity-
"I told Jessica we had dinner reservations at 8:45. We were ready to go on the monorail by 8:30 but ended up having to wait 45 minutes just to get on! I told her that we had dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort, but didn't tell her where. We arrived running pretty late and hurried towards the elevator so we could meet our private butler by the Grand Piano in the lobby. As we got to the first floor, he greeted us and had us stay on the elevator. We went up to the 5th floor where he had a private table set up with some Piemonte Brachietto Magicale DOC.
The private dinner was supposed to be on a 3rd floor balcony overlooking the resort, but it was lightly raining so we were inside on the 5th floor. It was very nice as we got to listen to the band playing in the lobby.

Our first course was Mango Crab cakes and Lime Champagne Shrimp Scamp. Our second course was Tomato Florentine soup and French Onion Soup. Our salad was a Caesar in a delicious Cheese bowl thing with a Foccia crostini. Jessica was getting full at this time.
The dinner usually gets timed so dessert is served as the fireworks from Magic kingdom are going off. This is when I planned on popping the question. I asked our butler Jack if we could watch the fireworks from the 3rd floor balcony, so he gave us the code to the elevator to go down.
We watched the fireworks in a light drizzle and a few minutes into it I asked Jessica what the name of the fireworks show was, and she replied, “I think it's wishes”. I then got down on my knee, grabbed the ring and said “will you make my wish come true, and Marry me?” She then got a shocked look on her face and said “Are you serious?” I said “No!” She then said, “Is this some kind of joke?” I then said “of course not, I'm on my knee with a ring at Disney world. Now are you going to say yes and take the ring?” She then said, “Yes! Now hurry up!” I put the ring on her finger; we kissed and finished watching the rest of the fireworks.

We went back upstairs where we broke the news to Jack. He shook my hand and gave Jessica a hug. He said he was sorry to missed it as he thought I was still going to propose during dessert. We finished off our sparking wine and moved onto the main entree. I got Jessica a Filet Mignon with King Crab legs, truffle mashed potatoes and tarragon glazed carrots. I had a NY strip with truffle mashed potatoes, butter poached lobster and grilled asparagus.
Jessica was so full at this point I had to eat most of her steak. Jack had to pretty much hand feed her crab as she didn't eat any and he thought it was such a shame not to even taste it. We then got our desserts, a chocolate banana tort and Lemon Cheesecake.
When we got back to the room, I ran downstairs to get the gift basket I had ordered from Disney Florist, which was filled with candy, a rose, a tiara, a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie saying Congratulations and personalized towels. She loved it and we watched the end of another fireworks show on our balcony before going to bed.”
We spent another day, just enjoying the parks and then flew out. Needless to say, the trip was amazing. The food was amazing, the setting was amazing, and he is amazing. I really am lucky and can't wait to be his wife.

Surprise 4-
After we were all done with candy hunting, he surprised me with dinner at our favorite restaurant, California Grill. On our way out of the park, we were trapped by the parade and couldn't make it to the dinner on time. Because we were late, they didn't have a table for us yet, so we went upstairs and watched the fireworks from our balcony. It was so romantic. When the show was over, we went upstairs and began eating. Dinner was fantastic! We always pick something unique there, so we decided to give Ostrich a try. It is surprisingly yummy! After feasting, I was plum tuckered and slept well.
The next day, we went to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We had lunch reservations at Kyle's favorite place, Yak and Yeti. Sadly it was raining off and on that day and by the time we got to Y&Y, my shoes were soaked and I was freazing. Point being, I was grumpy. Kyle took it as a hint I needed a nap. So, we went back, napped and headed to Magic Kingdom for a quick round on Buzz Lightyear. We love laser games.
This next surprise will be from Kyle's perspective. (Jessica is me btw. J.R. is my nickname)
Surprise Infinity-
"I told Jessica we had dinner reservations at 8:45. We were ready to go on the monorail by 8:30 but ended up having to wait 45 minutes just to get on! I told her that we had dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort, but didn't tell her where. We arrived running pretty late and hurried towards the elevator so we could meet our private butler by the Grand Piano in the lobby. As we got to the first floor, he greeted us and had us stay on the elevator. We went up to the 5th floor where he had a private table set up with some Piemonte Brachietto Magicale DOC. The private dinner was supposed to be on a 3rd floor balcony overlooking the resort, but it was lightly raining so we were inside on the 5th floor. It was very nice as we got to listen to the band playing in the lobby.

Our first course was Mango Crab cakes and Lime Champagne Shrimp Scamp. Our second course was Tomato Florentine soup and French Onion Soup. Our salad was a Caesar in a delicious Cheese bowl thing with a Foccia crostini. Jessica was getting full at this time.
The dinner usually gets timed so dessert is served as the fireworks from Magic kingdom are going off. This is when I planned on popping the question. I asked our butler Jack if we could watch the fireworks from the 3rd floor balcony, so he gave us the code to the elevator to go down.
We watched the fireworks in a light drizzle and a few minutes into it I asked Jessica what the name of the fireworks show was, and she replied, “I think it's wishes”. I then got down on my knee, grabbed the ring and said “will you make my wish come true, and Marry me?” She then got a shocked look on her face and said “Are you serious?” I said “No!” She then said, “Is this some kind of joke?” I then said “of course not, I'm on my knee with a ring at Disney world. Now are you going to say yes and take the ring?” She then said, “Yes! Now hurry up!” I put the ring on her finger; we kissed and finished watching the rest of the fireworks.

We went back upstairs where we broke the news to Jack. He shook my hand and gave Jessica a hug. He said he was sorry to missed it as he thought I was still going to propose during dessert. We finished off our sparking wine and moved onto the main entree. I got Jessica a Filet Mignon with King Crab legs, truffle mashed potatoes and tarragon glazed carrots. I had a NY strip with truffle mashed potatoes, butter poached lobster and grilled asparagus.Jessica was so full at this point I had to eat most of her steak. Jack had to pretty much hand feed her crab as she didn't eat any and he thought it was such a shame not to even taste it. We then got our desserts, a chocolate banana tort and Lemon Cheesecake.
When we got back to the room, I ran downstairs to get the gift basket I had ordered from Disney Florist, which was filled with candy, a rose, a tiara, a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie saying Congratulations and personalized towels. She loved it and we watched the end of another fireworks show on our balcony before going to bed.”
We spent another day, just enjoying the parks and then flew out. Needless to say, the trip was amazing. The food was amazing, the setting was amazing, and he is amazing. I really am lucky and can't wait to be his wife.












No comments:
Post a Comment