Feb 28, 2010

The wedding party

Kyle is on spring break, so we have taken this time to go over a few topics about the wedding.

The biggest one of them all was the wedding party. It was postponed several times until now. Just something we seemed to get all hot and bothered about. If that is the toughest decision we have to make during this wedding, I will be so happy! I'm just glad we have it all figured out. However, I still need to pick two more bridesmaids.

I have two people in mind, but each come with their own set of complications. I do hope everything works itself out, since I would love to involve these two. It sure worries me if things don't get ironed out. I joke with Kyle that I will need to hold auditions at the one year point if things don't pan out. Kidding aside, the situation does bum me out.

Kyle's friends and family were just fighting to be involved. Infact, his brother's specific desire to be a groomsmen, not an usher, threw our original wedding party plans out of wack. Our sibling are important to us, so we came up with our new plan to keep them happy.

So, we have a big ole party, 12 people, but everyone involved appears to be happy about it. I just need to work on my two spots. My side just isn't as coveted as Kyle's I guess. Which is funny, I am letting them pick their own dresses, while Kyle might be a little more........structured. Who wouldn't want to be on the more laid back side?!

The other thing we wanted to work on before our May trip, besides figuring out locations we want to see, is our guest list. It is important to figure out how many will be coming, so we know which locations we can still consider. Plus, I want to know how expensive this is going to be. The more people, the higher the bill will be.

Well this is something else too! Do you invite family you don't speak to, just to be polite? Do you invite family, you may like, but your parents might not? If you do snuff family, and they are upset, what do you do? Thank goodness inviting friends isn't this complicated.

The guest thing is a thought that creeps in my head. If your friend is dating someone you don't know or isn't dating at all, should you open up the one guest rule or tell them they need to come solo so we aren't spending $100 bucks on a strangers plate? Yikes! Etiquette or straight up gansta approach? I just don't know!

SO that is where we are at right now. Wonderful stuff isn't it? (That was sarcasm btw)

1 comment:

  1. Here's my take on your whole "who to invite" dilemma: You are having a destination wedding. Invite your closest family and friends. Then look at your budget. If you have quite a bit more money to spend, start adding the family/friends that you like best, so on and so forth. Or...Just invite the people you want to be there and you think will actually show up. After all, this is YOUR big day, you want to be surrounded by the people you love.

    Another consideration: Which of these folks can/will actually show up? Will you feel icky inviting "Uncle Joe Schmoe" if you know he wont come?

    Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete