Mar 22, 2010

I see your new colors shining through?

I have been really thinking hard about the look of our wedding. I want to veer away from princess/prince and more to an elegant wedding that is totally us. The folks at Disneybrides.com suggested changing up the accessories, since I originally felt my ensemble was the culprit.

That is when I decided to do more than just that and change the whole color scheme! Sapphire blue and Cindy blue just scream royalty and that is what I want to stay away from. I originally considered changing it to a Fall theme, but I just couldn't. We had two friends use that theme for their wedding and we want something different/unique. That is when it hit me!

The Northern Lights! I ran into the idea when I was etsy.com shopping and saw some hair jewels labeled "Aurora".

To us, the Aurora Borealis signifies Autumn in the U.P. We love sky gazing. Shooting stars and the Northern Lights were our favorite things to view and it just so happens that Fall is when the Northern Lights tend to show their colors for those in the North.

So there ya go. I am thinking about keeping the dark blue (represents the night's sky) and this pretty colored green (a primary aurora color), along with other Northern Light colors throughout the wedding. It is nice to have a theme. Kyle loved the idea...Although, he did express his love for the idea right after he reminded me of his favorite Northern Light memory involving him trying to have a romantic moment and me getting sick on the beach instead. Eh. Either way, it really gives me something to run with.

I am hoping for more ideas on how to run with this and hopefully will compile an inspiration board. YAY! I am utterly in love with this decision and feel this is a genius move. I think our wedding is finally taking shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment