Mar 21, 2010

I WON SOMETHING!!!

I am so excited, because I actually won a contest!

Not only was it from The Disney Wedding Blog (by Carly), which is my favorite site and one I visit religiously, but I also won something from my other favorite site, Etsy.com! What did I win? I won a $50 gift certificate towards any invitation order of $100 or more from this shop!

I am in love with Serendipity! Kyle too. Before I found out I won, I showed him the awesomeness that is in this shop. He was insistent we get the passport invitations. They are cute, yes, but it makes absolutely no sense. The wedding is in this country! If we were getting married outside of the U.S., then okay. Although, the more I am seeing Disney Cruise weddings, the more I am loving the concept. It would cut our guest list down considerably.....Meh. Stay focused J.R.!

I think a great compromise, and he seems to agree, is the plane ticket invitation. I love the creativity and uniqueness. It will definitely be something none of our guests have seen or received before. Plus, almost all of our guests, except 2, will be traveling from another state. it just seems suitable! Isn't it cute?


Of course, we would change it up a bit, since this is more of a save the date and not a final invite, but this gives you an idea of the genius you can find at Serendipity!

The killer here is the wait. We have until September before we send out the save the dates. That is when we will request a "we are interested in attending" response from our guests and get our final guest list. This is also when we will have our location finalized. Point being, we can't order our final invites until December/January. Ugh.

So that is what is going on. Utter excitement and disappointment over another reminder that we have to wait :(

No comments:

Post a Comment