Mar 17, 2010

Sweet Tunes....

I am not feeling very healthy today and infact am sick from work. I slept for 14 hours straight and it was very nice. Now I am awake, but I still feel cruddy. I don't know about you, but when I am not feeling well, I like to reflect on nice feelings and music provokes those things.

Kyle and I are music fans. By this I mean, music encompasses everything in our lives. We both love it immensely and it was music that helped us connect with one another during the "friend" stage in our lives. SO, picking music for our big day is a huge thing.

One idea I thought of, after going to so many weddings and wanting to hear a song only to never hear it play...was to have a song request page on our wedding site. I want every one getting an invite to request one slow and one upbeat song. This way, everyone should win and our list is made for us! Although, being the bride and groom, we should get some picks too!

So, here I am, picking out music that reminds me of Kyle and our relationship. All of these songs have been a fixture in the soundtrack of our relationship at some point or another. Here is a sneak peak at some of the favs.

I Want To Grow Old With You- Adam Sandler
Only One- Yellowcard
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
Everlong- Foo Fighters
Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper
The Reason- Hoobastank
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional

Now here is a problem I have. "Our Song" is actually Hurricane by Something Corporate. Not a dancing kinda song. Well, unless you count the jumping up and down you do at one of their concerts. So, I have to figure out, do I add this song into the list knowing it isn't a typical dancing song and our friends would be like, "WTF is this playing?" I want to hear it on that day, just in what capacity....hmm...Perhaps that could be the song we play as we walk in? I am not quite sure yet.

So there ya go. Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment